Monday, February 28, 2011

I've been gone for a minute, but now im back in the jumpoff

Let me talk to ya’ll for a minute…

So I know I haven’t been blogging very much lately. What happened? Life. I get overwhelmed very easy and realized I had way too much on my plate. See, I’m what you like to call an overachiever. I like to be involved in as much as possible, but doing everything I easily forgot about myself. I was having daily breakdowns holding it all in. Not good. I recently reached out to my mama and confided in her about some of my troubles, which felt really good, and not something I’ve ever done. I realized that I don’t have to carry around all this baggage with me, and I’m lucky to have a few close friends whom I know will support me.

So I took a step back from blogging and twitter for awhile. I felt like I was forcing it a bit. I got caught up and forgot the reason why I created Mommy Glow. I created this blog to document my travels as I navigate being a mom, an employee, a student, a young woman. This was a place to share my lows, my highs, my accomplishments and challenges. To gain support from others and at the same time support others, to show that young mommies are competent and not failures!

But somewhere somehow I got caught up. It all started seeming to be a game, a game I didn’t want to play. This whole follow me and I’ll follow you business rubs me the wrong way. Started feeling like it was all about numbers to some bloggers. But I soon learned that a high follow rate does not mean a lot of support or quality information. I felt like I was slacking, I wasn’t getting enough followers, I wasn’t going after sponsorship or hosting giveaways or teaming with companies. While my hope is to grow my blog, I want to do so in a way that is genuine to me. I want people to follow Mommy Glow because they like what I write, not because they want me to follow their blog back, know what I mean? So I needed to take a step back and regain my focus, my desire to write and connect, to remember my purpose.

I have a lot to blog about and hope you’ll all stay tuned and continue with me on this journey.

Happy Monday.