Monday, February 28, 2011

Mamavation Monday

What’s new? After gaining weight 2 weeks ago, I’m happy to report that I lost last week. Seems like I gain a little, and then lose a little, still not making significant process, which is annoying, but I understand why. School has been brutal and I’ve been an emotional eater, and I also haven’t been on my workout game so much. I’m still walking as much as I can, but not carving out time to workout at home as often as I’d like. Boo.

Big News: I think I’m going to sign up for my first 5 mile race in April. I reached out to my friends, but none of them want to run with me, so I’m going solo. Which makes me sad, but completing a 5k is a personal goal of mine for this year, so if I have to run by myself, then so be it. I’m worried that I won’t have enough time to train for it, considering March is tomorrow! But I talked with a coworker who gave me some tips about building up endurance, and I hope to be able to kick serious ass in April. This means I have to start running like yesterday. I’m thinking I’ll start training during my lunch break at work weather permitting. It’ll be tough to squeeze in time to run, but I want to do well in my first 5 mile race! And hope that registering will give me the extra umph I need to lose more weight by then.

I’m down to 166.2 and I am really tired of being in the 60s. I hope to be in the 50s by the time I complete the race.