Friday, December 10, 2010

Favorite Quote Friday

You weren't an accident.
You weren't mass produced.
You aren't an assembly-line product.
You were deliberately planned,
specifically gifted,
and lovingly positioned on the Earth
by the Master Craftsman.

-Max Lucado (Best Selling Author)

Sometimes I get suuuuper down on myself. I have a hard time believing in myself. Alot. When I'm having a case of the blues, I try to remember that I was put here for a purpose. I was put here for a reason. There is a purpose for my being. Part of that purpose is to be a Mother. But taking a step back, I realize that I want to do all that I can with the life that I have. I want to change the world, I want to help juveniles, I want to feed the needy, I want to find homes for the homeless, I want to help the illiterate. I have a purpose. We all have a purpose. 


Have a great weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Amen!!

    I want to make people pee their pants.

    Some of us need more help than others! lol

    This is an amazing post and You are an amazing woman and Ill say it again.. so glad we crossed paths!

    XOXOX

    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great Alex! What fantastic and selfless goals. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl... you better PREACH!!! I remind myself of that all the time -- sometimes more than others (hehe). "You weren't massed produced... you were deliberately planned" -- that speaks to my soul, woman.

    This was a great quote and you are doing a great job. I know, it's hard not to be down on yourself.

    I love fave quote friday... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mommy Glow,

    We can't all be Oprah but we can do the best we can with what we have. Just read a quote the other day that said :It is not your universal assignment to touch everyone, just someone. So if you can just change 1 person's life, you've done your job. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny I read this post today. This was my prayer request for single moms/dads this morning. We certainly can be really hard on ourselves but need to remember that our life was purposed as well as our kids by GOD and it does entail greatness!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!