Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Why do I blog anyway??

For new (thank you!) and returning (thank you!) visitors to the blog, I hope you have all had a chance to check out my *About Me* page. I started this blog about two years ago, and since then my voice has grown and matured. I have embraced the growth but it also has me wondering about the future of the blog and wondering more and more about if what I’m writing about is appealing to others.

So, why do I blog anyway? In a nutshell I feel like I have too. I need a place to unload. I am driven by emotions, and this blog is my virtual diary. I have spilled out my thoughts, my happiness, my sorrow into my posts. Blogging is therapeutic, it’s enlightening. The support I have received is so much more than I ever could have anticipated, and I’ve made some amazing friends through the blogosphere. I have a voice and I understand the power of a voice, and I want to share my voice and continue to make connections with other bloggers and create a safe and inviting space for people to come, share, unload, and feel supported.

As I think about the future of my blog (no I’m not going to stop writing!) I remember why I chose to blog in the first place, and it all started with a name. Mommy Glow. Becoming a parent has been the most…wonderful-delightful-lovely thing to ever have happened to me. Being a single parent has spoiled me, as I have my daughter all to myself most days. Our bond is unbreakable, even at 6 years old she still has separation anxiety. And at 26 I too, suffer from separation anxiety from my daughter. Being her parent has opened me up to the world, and I am so grateful for all the experiences I’ve been through since being a Mom. They have helped shape me and have made me wiser, smarter. She has provided warmth in my life that carries me wherever I go, hence Mommy Glow. So this is why I blog and I hope to those that read my posts and have followed my journey have felt inspired and engaged along the way. :)

For my fellow bloggers: why do you blog? What keeps you going and motivated?

Love and Light.