Friday, February 4, 2011

Favorite Quote Friday

"I feel like I'm losing control of myself, I sincerely,
Apologize if all that I sound like is I'm complaining,
But life keeps on complicating, an' I'm debating,
On leaving this world, this evening, even my girls,
Can see I'm grievin', I try and hide it,
But I can't, why do I act like I'm all high and mighty,
When inside, I'm dying, I am finally realizing I need help.
I can't do it by myself, too weak, 2 weeks I've been having ups and downs,
Going through peaks and valleys, dilly dallying,
I'm hatin' my reflection, I walk around the house tryin' to fight mirrors,
I can't stand what I look like, yeah, I look fat, but what do I care?
I give a fuck, only thing I fear, is Hailie,
I'm afraid if I close my eyes I might see her,
Shit.."
-"Going Through Changes" Eminem - Recovery

Eminem is just amazing. His voice is electrifying for me, and I am a huge fan. I listened to his latest album, Recovery this morning on the way to work, and Going Through Changes is one of my favorite songs on the album. This first verse of the song speaks to me so loudly. Life has been nothing short of a damn roller coaster ride lately, and I'm barely hanging on. I wish I could share great news with you all, but honestly, its not what is whats going on in my life right now. Yes, I am so so blessed to have my daughter and so blessed that she is happy and healthy. But, there is so much more going on in my life. Its tearing me apart. But, anyway wanted to share this verse with you because I've had the song on repeat all day.

Have a great weekend