Tuesday, March 16, 2010

About Mommy Glow

I’m a Mom…I’m a Woman…I’m 25…I’m African American and Colombian…I'm a student with big dreams… I've learned you can't plan life; all you can do is live each day as it is given to you…I...have abstract thoughts... am intelligent and hopeful... love freedom... am a solider of love...tend to take a step back from the world...have dreams, hopes, goals... am determined, daring, stubborn... can be rebellious when restricted... wear my emotions on my sleeve... love making friends and meeting new people...my strength comes from my daughter and my weakness is that my head can sometimes become stuck in the clouds...believe that every human has a passion which gets them up and out of bed each morning...live with a passion for life, justice and equality for all…those are a start...follow my heart when I can understand it... take comfort knowing that with a new day comes new strength and new thoughts.. .
I'm just a girl trying to make it in this world, trying to give back to the world, trying to be who I am and not conform to who I think I should be, trying to have a little left over after rent, trying to follow my heart, trying to keep it together when i feel like letting it all go, trying to do the "right" thing, trying love and be loved, trying to put my clothes away instead of creating an overwhelming pile of clean clothes, trying and trying and trying...

Why Mommy Glow:
I spent a lot of time coming up with catchy names for this blog. And as I was brainstorming I came up with Mommy Glow. It had right amount of sass and pop that I had hoped for. And I must say, the name truly suits me. Regardless of the fact that I’m a young single mom who is working full-time and in school full-time and raising an overly energetic daughter, I still have that Mommy Glow. The world seems to stop when I see and spend time with my little bundle of joy. She lights up my life. Though let me include not everything is sunshine and happy days in our house, everyday has its struggles and challenges, and I deal with them the best that I can. I make mistakes, I mean, I’m only human. But my daughter keeps me going, she replenishes my energy tank, and just when I don’t think I can go anymore I hear her little voice say, “mama, you’re my best girl” and that goes lights me from within and I keep fighting the fight.

What you can expect from Mommy Glow:
I created Mommy Glow to become a voice for a silent demographic. I’m a 24 year old minority single Mom, and it disappoints me that my demographic is represented negatively. I struggle daily with all of my responsibilities and sometimes I just want to scream. Ahhhhh!! That’s better.
So I’m here to share with you my story as I continue growing and learning as a woman and mother. It's not my intention to update my followers on my daughter's every move. Yes, she is my inspiration, but this blog covers much more than Yo Gabba Gabba and Pediatrician appointments.
I’ll share my reactions to articles and books I read and share thoughts on the world around me. I’ll also share tips from friends on hair, makeup, skin, and photography. So strap yourselves in and get ready for a hell of a ride!


22 comments:

  1. Love your blog - I am a new follower and plan to visit often! You go girl :)

    Sarah from Style By Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your feedback Sarah. Its always hard to put your personal feelings out there for the public to view. I'm glad that I've gained a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mommy Glow!

    I love it here! Your blog is so jazzy! Ouch! Hey, can I shout you an email? I have a quick question for ya about your blog design?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey SweetAl, thank you!!! Definetly hit me up, you can get to my email by clicking contact me up top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great blog here. Very real. I'm going to enjoy reading. Stay encouraged. I was a full-time student a few years ago, working full-time and raising my two sweeties. But it was all worth it. Check out my blog at http://richsinglemomma.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by Samantha! I truly appreciate the support and glad that you enjoy Mommy Glow! Headed over to visit richsinglemomma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to your blog. I like your about me section so far. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lady! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for helping me find yours! Looks like you have some great posts and I can't wait to read through it and follow along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Andrea! Take a look around :) Love Love your blog, and love your fitness journey, Im on a journey myself so I'm sure I'll be able to find a lot of good info on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You're one strong, beautiful Mama good for you! What are you studying?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You TheBabyMamaChronicles! I'm in school studying Human Services and will also graduate with my paralegal certificate. Three more semesters left!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im digging through the crates!! lol Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for finding me Alex, I'm now following you now. ;) It's nice 'meeting' you lol

    Great blog!

    ~Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just reading some of your entries. I have to say i am very impressed! Keep strivin' for the best girl! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have recently started following your blog, and I love the idea behind it. You're right-there needs to be representation for your demographic. It seems like all of the mommy blogs out there represent the perfect 30-something suburban mini-van driving housewife (not that there's anything wrong with that), and while that might be the 'ideal' situation, it is not the situation that many of us are in. I'm not a single mother, but I still feel like your blog hits close to home for any young mother still trying to find her path through life. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your blog, i am also not a single momma, but a young mom blogger wanting to link with other blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, love your post about babysitters! But I couldn't comment :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no I'm so sorry ShaBoogiesince1982 - going to investigate now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your blog. just found it. you and your daughter r gorgeous. love your blog design....thinkin abt changin mine n hopefully updating more often. ugh! plusbabymakestwo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!